TPI December 2010 Interview w/ LP Crew

hahninator

Total Production International magazine (website) did an extensive interview with the entire Linkin Park live crew that is on the road with the band for the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour. The magazine caught up with the crew before the Manchester, UK show in November and covers all sorts of information behind the live show for the band.

The article mentions that planning for the current live set began as early as January 2010 and rehearsals began in August. It gives in-depth information on the current technical aspects of the show and how it all came together.

They have an online version of the magazine that you can view here. LP is featured on the cover for December and the actual content begins on page 42. You'll need a flash player to view it.

Previously, they've interviewed the fan-favorite Pooch in early 2008 (read here) and then did a backstage video blog with him as well on the January 2008 UK Tour (watch here).

And thanks to Pooch for the heads up on this! Check it out!

That was a good read. I think Ive met everyone mentioned on their besides a couple. But the statement about the guys being really laid back and cool is true. Such a good crew those guys.

I have a really stupid question.. x) but, do most bands have a live sound engineer? I've been to a lot of concerts and I don't recall seeing a box in the middle of the pit lol

In small clubs the foh place is at the back of the venue behind the audience, or sometimes even at the side of the stage.